Wednesday 17 April 2013

Noir





"There's a word for women like you. But it's not used in polite society. Outside of a kennel"

I don't know how we got here
I don't know what we did
I keep catching myself standing
here, looking at you kid.

I saw her standing by the jukebox
cigarette and what not
I asked her what she likes to drink
she replied "whaddya got?"

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship
and we played as time goes by
she told me to fasten my seat belt
because we're in for a bumpy ride

Music was playing in the distance
pitched at not far off regret
I thought that things were dangerous
but I ain't seen nothin' yet.

She leans in a little for a kiss
"I'm ready for my closeup"
then she tried to sit on my lap
while I was still standing up

I soon find out shes not a drinker
Turns out she's just a drunk
She wants to die wrapped in carpet
In some handsome killers trunk

I tell her if I fall for her
Then love truly is blind
Of all the gin joints in all the world
Why'd you walk into mine?

Her Bette Davis eyes were screaming
"Do you know who I am?!"
And I tell her that quite frankly my dear,
I do not give a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment