Monday 26 January 2015

Shining





Some days I am an elevator
filled with blood
and when anybody wants to use me
I bleed right in to them
as they run away screaming
and I close my doors for the last fucking time
I swear it, the last fucking time
until somebody else presses my buttons.

Some days I am the mirror
watching you pick away at yourself
staring until you look like a mosaic 
made of tiles of self loathing and disgust
and I want to reach out and tell you
you're beautiful
forgetting I am the one doing this to you.

Some days I am an unwashed duvet
intimately protecting someone for a night
when they don't care that I am disheveled 
until they wake up in the morning 
with a cinder-block for a head 
and a laboratory of corrosive chemicals for a stomach
and they never need me again

Some days I am the crack of sunshine coming through the blinds
making the day worth getting up for
a beam of warmth within myself
the subconscious part of me telling myself to wake up
make it through today, I will keep you warm.
I will drive you to work and feed you
and I will comfort you whenever you need it.
So please wake up.


No comments:

Post a Comment