Friday 8 March 2013

Space




They say you can never actually touch something
there will always be an atom sized space between you and anything
because that's how things work
the thing is sometimes you feel it and sometimes you don't
I am increasingly aware of the billions upon trillions of atoms between me and each person
so far away, a couple of feet in front of me
so far that their words get lost in the distance somewhere and never actually touch me
everybody is just a blur in the distance they are so far, so many centimeters from me and I feel every atom.

The closer you get to me the more atoms, the more centimeters I feel crushing me 
smothering me until I can't breath
and every single breath is so loud I think you'll hurt me
when you kiss me I try to remember that nothing can ever touch me because nothing can touch anything
the atoms are down my throat and in my stomach and the electrons are bouncing around everywhere
you're the closest thing to me when all I have is space

No comments:

Post a Comment