Wednesday 14 September 2016

Life out of Sync: Part II

“Synchronicity is a concept, first explained by psychiatrist Carl Jung, which holds that events are "meaningful coincidences" if they occur with no causal relationship, yet seem to be meaningfully related.”

All my life I’ve been out of sync.
My nana sewed my name into my towel for swimming lessons in first school.
I thought that I had to manipulate people into loving me.

If you aren’t somewhat insane to begin with, don’t worry, life will make sure  you are by the end. The mind is like a cork board with a map of the world on, pins keeping strings of yarn attached to faces and news headlines (however false they may be.) It starts out as a way of finding where  you fit in the world and trying to find SOME method to the madness but of course, it’s not  there.

Amongst the lines of yarn you can at least piece together an approximate picture of who you are. Riddles within conspiracy theories you can fall into endless questioning and next to no real answers. Is it good to be me?

The lines of yarn keep going attaching to more and more things until it makes less and less sense. Until it’s branches away from the cork board and reaches out to you and grabs you be the neck and chokes you as if it’s waiting for you to say a safe word you don’t know.

Hey, how long is a piece of string? However long you want it to be.

Before you know it, you can’t see the world behind it. The answer is lost and we totally forgot what the question was. You started out with the whole world in view, and unless you’re an astronaut, you never really left it. And it never left you.

In the yin yang the light in the dark is almost swimming towards the dark in the light. They long for each other. Not only is that happening within you but it is happening all over the world.

There is a Native American proverb you’ve probably heard that we have two wolves inside of us. One is evil, one is good. Which wolf wins? The one you feed. I think though, it might be understandable for a wolf to be pissed and bite if you never feed it. Told my friend most of this today and he said his favourite shirt is one with a wolf and a yin yang. Gotta love that synchronicity right?

I think, when you look at what was always there, it can be hard to see those still struggling. There is a lot of fear that keeps a lot people in a lot of places. It’s understandable. We go in all these directions not because we think anything of value is there but just so that we can’t see what is underneath it. But I want to tell you it’s always there. When the yarn seems to go nowhere. It’s all yours. Even if you lit a match and burned this entire metaphor to the ground. The world is still there. It loves you and will welcome you back, trust me.

I used to think I had to manipulate people into loving me,
But my nana used to sew my name into my towel for swimming lessons in first school,
It’s just that all my life, I’ve been out of sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment